It is very difficult to beat week long hiking trips when it comes to activities that get you out into the big outdoors and enable you to see some of the most stunning locations around. Road trips are fun but, by their nature, they mean that you have to stay on the roads. Cruises mean that you get to see cool parts of the oceans and seas that you might not have seen otherwise. Cycling, if you go mountain biking, gives you more flexibility than a car in terms of seeing a place. Flying is great to in terms of seeing a place from above on a sweeping scale. However, nothing quite beats hiking for getting to know a place intimately and closely, taking your time to see it and know it. This short article suggests a few places that you could go for some epic hikes. The hikes will take you up to a week or more but you could plan your trip so that it takes you a week.
1. Inca Trail, Peru (26 miles – 4 days roughly) one of the most popular hikes in the world. You could spread it across a week if you wanted to go slowly.
2. Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (35 miles – roughly a week) – Africa’s highest point.
3. Grand Canyon Rim to Rim, Arizona (44 miles – 4-6 days)
4. Yosemite Grand Traverse, California (60 miles – 6-7 days)
5. Mountains of the Moon, Uganda (38 miles – 6-7 days)